Sat, Oct 21|
Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course
The American Red Cross BLENDED LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION course is designed to teach you everything you need to know to start your career as a certified lifeguard. See details for more information.
Time & Location
Oct 21, 2023, 9:00 AM – Oct 22, 2023, 4:00 PM
Mansfield Branch, 750 Scholl Rd, Mansfield, OH 44907, USA
About the event
Register HERE for the American Red Cross BLENDED LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION. Registration is open until October 18.
This course is designed to teach you everything you need to know to start your career as a certified lifeguard. Through videos, group discussion, and hands-on practice, you'll learn teamwork, professional rescue and surveillance skills, First Aid, CPR/AED, and other skills needed to work as a Certified Lifeguard.
October 21 and 22 9:00a-4:00pm
Y members $200.00
Requirements for the course:
- Must be 15 years of age and attend every class.
- Participants will have to swim 300 yards without stopping using Breast Stroke and Freestyle.
- Tread water for 2 minutes without arms
- Complete the timed "Brick Test," where the participants must swim 20 yards, dive 7-10 feet to retrieve an object, and swim it back on their back, keeping their head above water.
- A swimsuit is required for each day.
Before attending the in-person class, participants must watch and complete video course through the Red Cross. To receive access to these videos please contact Jen Jeffery at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be registered for the class before gaining access to the pre-requisite videos.