Sat, Feb 25|
Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course
The American Red Cross BLENDED LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION course is designed to teach you everything you need to know to start your career as a certified lifeguard.
Time & Location
Feb 25, 9:00 AM – Feb 26, 4:00 PM
Mansfield Branch, 750 Scholl Rd, Mansfield, OH 44907, USA
About the event
Register HERE for the American Red Cross BLENDED LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION.
This course is designed to teach you everything you need to know to start your career as a certified lifeguard. Through videos, group discussion, and hands-on practice, you'll learn teamwork, professional rescue and surveillance skills, First Aid, CPR/AED, and other skills needed to work as a Certified Lifeguard.
February 25th and 26th 9:00a-4:00pm
Y members $200.00
Requirements for the course:
- Must be 15 years of age and attend every class.
- Participants will have to swim 300 yards without stopping using Breast Stroke and Freestyle.
- Tread water for 2 minutes without arms
- Complete the timed "Brick Test," where the participants must swim 20 yards, dive 7-10 feet to retrieve an object, and swim it back on their back, keeping their head above water.
- A swimsuit is required for each day.
Before attending the in-person class, participants must watch and complete video course through the Red Cross. To receive access to these videos please contact Jen Jeffery at email@example.com. You must be registered for the class before gaining access to the pre-requisite videos.